Sunday, April 5, 2020

Two Steps Forward by Suzanne Woods Fisher

Izzy and Luke are back in the third book of The Deacon's Family series by Suzanne Woods Fisher. Luke is settling into his new role as a deacon and doing a great job at it. Likewise, Izzy is also settling into a new role as a mom and is loving every minute of it. While Izzy and Luke are a big part of this story, there are several new characters highlighted as well.

The spotlight is on bachelor Jimmy Fisher as he returns to town. He soon finds himself doing farm work for his neighbor, Sylvie King. Sylvie is a widow who has big dreams to breed Arabian horses. Jimmy shares her love of horses and soon realizes that he wants to share his heart with her as well. However, if meddling family members have anything to say about it, their love story won't make it off the pages.

If Suzanne Woods Fisher writes a book, I will read it. She is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. Her way of writing is the perfect blend of humor and hope and I always come away from her reads feeling refreshed and inspired. I enjoyed reading more about the characters I have grown to love throughout this series. It was also great to learn about new characters as well. I have to say that my favorite part of the book was the letters shared between Sylvie and Jimmy. I just thought that was such a sweet sentiment and very romantic. And as always, I appreciate the fact that this is a clean, Christian read. Thank you so much to the publisher and the author for the chance to read and review this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment