Sunday, April 5, 2020

The Scribe by Francine Rivers

This short novella is one of five books in the Sons of Encouragement series by Francine Rivers. This book tells of Silas the Scribe. Peter and Paul relied on Silas to record the words they had been given from God and the situations they experienced during Jesus' life on Earth. Without these ancient heroes, we wouldn't have access to God's Word as we know it today. While the stories of these important men are true, Francine Rivers has added dialogue and historical fiction to provide a new outlook on the way things could have been during Biblical times. This story was very interesting to me as I was not quite as familiar with Silas as some of the other Biblical figures. I learned a lot of things I didn't know before and became interested to read the other books in this series. Francine Rivers is one of my favorite authors and I am always eager to read her work. Thanks so much to Tyndale for the chance to read and review this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment