Tuesday, March 17, 2020

When You Need to Move a Mountain by Linda Evans Shepherd

Having a great prayer life is sometimes difficult. What do I say? Does God really hear me? These questions and more are ones that often cross my mind. In this beautiful book on prayer, Shepherd shares her thoughts on intercessory prayer and how to pray powerful prayers. She begins by giving a descriptive of intercessory prayer before moving on to the different kinds of prayer giftings. It's very interesting to read through her list and decide what kind of prayer gifts you may have. She then moves on to talk about different prayers for families, healing, other people, and much more. Each chapter ends with an actual prayer that can be personalized for each reader.

I always welcome a book on prayer. While I fully believe in the power of prayer, I am not always the most efficient. I always enjoy learning how to strengthen my prayer life. I think the author did a good job of sharing her thoughts on prayer without being too strict on detail. At the end of the day, what really matters is that we are praying whatever prayers we feel in our heart in order to have a relationship with our Savior. Thank you so much to the author and Revell for the chance to read and review this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment