Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Singing the Scriptures by Julie Meyer

In Singing the Scriptures, multi-talented Julie Meyer shares her method of learning God's Word. Her method is somewhat unconventional, but simple and effective. As a worship leader, singer, and songwriter, Julie's music is a constant in her life. She wrote this book to share with others how singing verses can be life-changing. This helps provide peace in difficult situations and also is the best form of memorization. Singing is a wonderful way to praise the Lord. Throughout this book, Julie teaches her readers how to make singing the Scriptures work in their lives.

This is such a special book. I fully agree with Julie's singing methods and can definitely see how this can be the best way to memorize and meditate on Scriptures. Most of the verses I remember from childhood are the ones I learned in songs and they have stuck with me on into adulthood. The stories and testimonies in this book gave me chills and really inspired me. I also really like the videos that Julie provides at the end of each chapter and I would encourage readers to definitely check those out. This is a book that everyone should read. It's an eye-opening read that will strengthen your spiritual life. Thank you so much to Julie and the publisher for the chance to read and review this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment