Friday, January 31, 2020

Beginner's Pluck by Liz Forkin Bohannon

Liz Forkin Bohannon is a free spirit with big dreams. She is an entrepreneur, public speaker, wife, and mom along with many other accomplishments. She is the founder of Sseko Designs which started with an amateur pair of sandals. She started making and selling these sandals in order to  provide a way for Ugandan women to continue their education. In this book, Liz tells you how she got to where she is today and offers advice for making a difference in your own life.

I really wanted to like this book, but sadly, I just couldn't get into it. I wasn't able to relate to the author's lifestyle because she is so spontaneous and I'm more of a structured person. I also wasn't crazy about the outlines of the chapters. She took common inspirational ideas and flipped them to convince people to "Own Your Average" and "Dream Small." I couldn't find motivation from these ideas and tips. She also used footnotes that I thought were not necessary and could have been left out. I usually enjoy self-help books, but this just wasn't the one for me. However, I do applaud the author for doing many things to make the world a better place. She is making a way in her world and the world of others and that should be commended. Thank you so much to BakerBooks and the author for the chance to read and review this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment