Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Deadly Deceit by Natalie Walters

When Vivian DeMarco's boss suddenly dies, she is convinced that it was no accident. Her journalist skills kick in and she sets out to find the truth. In the midst of her searching, she finds more than she bargained for. She finds romance with Deputy Ryan Frost and she helps uncover a sinister plan from a mysterious stranger known as The Watcher. Ryan and Vivian must team together and work quickly to catch The Watcher before he or she finds a new target.

First of all, I think the cover of this book is great. It's very eye-catching and fits the mood of the story. I also thought the plot was well developed and interesting. The book captures the attention of the reader quickly and keeps them guessing as it goes along. I did think some of the subject matter of this book was a little much for a Christian book. There is talk of drug use and a young girl having multiple partners as well as some other extreme situations. I thought the story would have been better if these situations were toned down a bit. I don't think conservative readers will appreciate these parts of the book.

I thought the ending wrapped up the mystery well. There is a third book in this series which will be the conclusion. I would probably still read it just to see how the series ends. However, this book works well as a standalone book also. Thank you so much to the author and Revell for allowing me to read this book and share my opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment