Saturday, October 26, 2019

Nice by Sharon Hodde Miller

There's a misconception that as Christians, we are obligated to always "be nice." Such is not the case. Of course, being hateful is not the goal here. The goal is to realize that in certain situations, being nice just doesn't bring forth the ideal results. Sharon Hodde Miller wrote this eye-opening book to show us that God has called us to more than just being enablers and people pleasers.  We are always striving to make others happy, but are we being pleasing to God?

The topic of this book is surprising, but desperately needed. My toes got stepped on a lot while I was reading, but in a good way. I didn't know how much I needed to study this concept. The author makes so many good points to reflect on throughout this read. She brought up so many things that were helpful to me and that I need to work on. I love her viewpoint and how she stresses that we are not to be mean or judgmental, but we do need to be firm in certain difficult situations. I think this would be a great Bible study for a small group and would really change a lot of people's way of thinking. It's great to read about this important topic while also hearing the author's experiences in her own life. Thank you so much to BakerBooks and the author for the chance to read and review this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment