Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Summer by the Tides by Denise Hunter

"Thank God for fresh starts."

Maddy's life as she knows it is over. She's lost her job, her boyfriend, and now her grandmother is missing. What else could go wrong? When Maddy travels to her grandmother's beach house to find her, she runs headfirst into her stubborn sisters, Nora and Emma. The sisters have a lot of catching up to do and they all need to learn the power of forgiveness. Their family secrets have caused so much heartache, but God is always there to provide a fresh start.

This book started off really good, but seemed to go downhill a bit about midway through. It just didn't seem like the Denise Hunter books I have read in the past and almost seemed like it was written in a hurry. There was a bit too much drama for my taste. The situations were very soap opera-esque and just over the top. I also felt like the characters were not fully developed as their seemed to be conflicts with their stories. I also still had unanswered questions at the end of the book that I wanted to have the answer for. On a high note, I love the cover and I did find inspiration in the first half of the book. Thank you to the author and the publisher for the chance to read and review this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment