Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Cross My Heart by Robin Lee Hatcher

"We can become so busy doing good things for God that we miss the best things He intends for us.”

I grew up reading books about horses so I was excited to find this horse book for grown-ups! Ashley and Ben are two people who want to make a difference, and they find their motivation in a horse stall. When they team up to start a program that will help others through equine therapy, they also start to wonder if they will make a great team romantically. They have more in common than they think and they will have to face their problems from the past in order to move on with their future together.

This book definitely reminded me of a Nicholas Sparks novel but it's clean reading and filled with inspiring scripture. I love how the author used specific scripture passages throughout the book and I highlighted so many passages. My eyes were opened to many thoughts I hadn't paid attention to before and that is always a great thing to gain from a good book. The one thing I didn't care for in this read was the time jump. I felt like I was reading two different stories and I would have like to read these as separate books. I am not usually a fan of jumping back and forth. Nevertheless, I am thankful to have had the chance to read and review this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment