Monday, July 23, 2018

Phoebe's Light by Suzanne Woods Fisher

Phoebe's Light is the first book in the Nantucket Legacy series by Suzanne Woods Fisher. This book takes place in the 17th century with 16th century flashbacks from Mary Coffin's journal. Young Phoebe Starbuck, Mary's great-granddaughter, enters into a hasty marriage with the prestigious Captain Phineas Foulger against her father's wishes. Phoebe soon finds herself to sea with the captain and he is not at all what she expected him to be. Sea life is dreadful and Phoebe finds herself extremely ill from the tossing of the choppy waters. Luckily, she has an unexpected ally on the ship: Matthew Macy the barrel maker. Surprises are around every corner in this book and things are not always what they seem.

I really enjoyed this glimpse into Quaker life from Suzanne Woods Fisher. This book was inspired by real life characters and events which makes it even more interesting. The cover is beautiful and so are the words within. I am not always a fan of variations in time periods, but I thought this book flowed well from one time period to the next. I am really excited that I have the next book in this series in my TBR pile and I can't wait to dive in! Thanks so much to Revell for the opportunity to review this book! These opinions are all my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment