Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Joyful Surrender by Elisabeth Elliot

Joyful Surrender was first published in 1982, but has now been repackaged and released by Revell. This book by Elisabeth Elliot focuses on "7 Disciplines for the Believer's Life." These disciplines include: body, mind, place, time, possessions, work, and feelings. Elisabeth uses a soothing writing flow and her own personal experiences to inspire and inform her readers.

I have always thought that Elisabeth's life story was so inspiring. She was truly an inspiration who will always be remembered. Her writing lives on and she is still bringing lives to Jesus, even in her passing. This book really put things in a fresh perspective for me. My favorite chapter was the one that focused on the discipline of work. Elisabeth reminded me that being able to work and serve others is a gift that I should never take for granted. I really enjoyed this book and look forward to reading more of Elisabeth's work. Thank you so much to Revell for the chance to read and review this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment