Friday, January 26, 2024

Her Secret Hope by Shelley Shepard Gray

Her Secret Hope is the third book in the A Season in Pinecraft series. This book focuses on Lilly Kurtz and her move to Pinecraft. Lilly is hoping for a fresh start, and she finds it as a maid at the Marigold Inn in Pinecraft. Her job starts out well, but it doesn't come without problems. Lilly also has a chance meeting with a handsome stranger named Eddie Byler who surprisingly has connections to her hometown. Lilly will have to learn to make her way in life and grow through the joy, as well as the struggles that come her way. As compared to the earliest book in this series, Her Secret Hope kind of missed the mark for me. I couldn't relate to the characters and didn't feel like some of the situations in the book were very realistic. Lilly's decisions were often spontaneous and not well thought through, and I just didnt feel like I could relate. I also felt like the book kind of dragged on at times. Nevertheless, even though this book wasn't for me, I appreciate the chance to read and review this book! These opinions are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment