Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Facing the Dawn by Cynthia Ruchti

This one is a really hard one for me to review. It was one of the saddest books I have ever read, and I can't really say that I enjoyed it. It is definitely not a light read and I actually felt drained and sad when it ended. I was never able to visualize the characters or really find a connection with them. I also thought a lot of the characters' characteristics were just odd and I had a lot of unanswered questions. However, I don't want to make this seem like it's not a well-written book because it is. The author is obviously a talented writer. I just feel like this book has a specific audience and I am not that audience. I think this would be very helpful to someone who is dealing with grief because it deals with some heavy subjects. The truth is, the circumstances in this book happen in real life all the time, so this may be helpful to people who are dealing with similar issues. Just read with caution because this is not a vacation or escape read. It's a book with a purpose. Thanks so much to the author and Revell for the chance to read and review this book! These opinions are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment