Friday, March 5, 2021

936 Pennies by Eryn Lynum

This sweet book will have you reading with a lump in your throat and tears in your eyes. The author received a special gift of a jar holding 936 pennies...one penny for each week of her child's life from birth. As she removes a penny each week, she is reminded how fast time flies by and she learns to embrace and appreciate each moment.

This is such a beautifully written book. I love the author's poetic and emotional writing style. This really made me think about how important family is and how I should enjoy each moment with them. This made my heart ache at times when I was reading it, just because I thought of how fast my children are growing and how precious each moment is. I love the idea of the penny jar and I think it's such a great visual reminder. Thank you so much to Bethany House and the author for the chance to read and review this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment