Thursday, May 14, 2020

On a Coastal Breeze by Suzanne Woods Fisher

Catch up with Blaine, Cam, and Maddie on Three Sisters Island in this newest release from Suzanne Woods Fisher. The sisters and their dad, Paul, are learning to adjust to island life even though it is so different from what they are used to. Paul is still busy renovating and running Camp Kicking Moose. Cam is determined to come up with a more efficient energy plan for the island. Blaine is attempting to finish culinary school but encounters challenges along the way. Maddie's story is front and center in this book as she opens her own counseling practice. What Maddie didn't expect was a blast from her past to show up on the island. A new pastor, Ricky O'Shea, has arrived and it just so happens he is the same Ricky who used to torment Maddie with his incessant teasing during their childhood years. Maddie attempts to avoid Pastor Rick, but as a counselor, she realizes avoidance isn't the answer. The sisters find out that facing their problems head on is a much better option for a success story.

I thought this book was even better than the first one in the series. I loved getting to be reunited with the characters in this story. I love how the Graysons are relatable and real. They all have insecurities just as we do in real life. I think reading their story can really help provide inspiration to readers who are experiencing struggles of their own. I know I benefitted a lot by reading this book, as I do with all of Suzanne's work. I found myself seeing a little bit of myself in each of the sisters. In Suzanne's acknowledgements she said that she prays that this book's message would minister to the readers. The message definitely ministered to me and I am thankful to Suzanne for using her skills and talents to bring glory to God. Thank you so much to Suzanne and Revell for the chance to read and review this book! I can't wait to read the next book in this series!

No comments:

Post a Comment