Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Parenting with Heart by Stephen James and Chip Dodd

Parenting with Heart is not your typical parenting guidebook. This book focuses on "embracing the clumsiness" and realizing that you are a "good enough" parent. By using their counseling training and real life experiences, the authors provide a great grasp on the wonderful and challenging world of parenting.

Each chapter in this book brings something new to the table and even provides interesting conversation starters for parents to use with their children. By following God and the heart, parents can guide their children to express their emotions in a healthy way and become well adjusted adults who can, in turn, raise children of their own one day.

This book was soothing and inspirational and gave so much great advice that I can use as I parent my children. I read quite a few parenting books and this has been one of my favorites. The only thing I didn't like was the style of writing that was used for the author duo. It was distracting to be reading from one author's point of view and have to switch gears to hearing about the other author's family members. It would have been a smoother flow to contain each author's experiences to a whole chapter or section at a time. Nevertheless, I can definitely overlook this and would recommend this book to eager to learn and grow parents. Thank you to Revell for sending me an advance copy of this book to review!

No comments:

Post a Comment