Friday, September 21, 2018

Fearless Parenting by George Barna and Jimmy Myers

If you want a sunshiny feel good book about parenting, this is not it! But if you want a practical, straightforward, candid guidebook to improve your parenting skills, you need to read this! What does it take to be a fearless parent? Well, it takes patience, time, consistency, and determination, especially in this land of technology and social media addiction that we all live in today. The authors of this book are no nonsense and straight to the point as they offer ways to raise well-adjusted faithful children. I can't say that I agree with everything that is in this book, but I can say that I gained a lot of helpful advice. My favorite chapter is #7 which focuses on getting rid of destructive parental behaviors such as guilt, anger, and shame. It is so easy to lead with our emotions as parents and to have unrealistic expectations of our children. This chapter teaches the proper way to respond in tense situations so that ultimately God is glorified and our children are growing into respectful and Christ following adults. I really enjoyed this eye-opening read and would recommend that parents read it with an open mind and heart. Thank you so much to BakerBooks for the chance to review this book! These opinions are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment