Monday, November 25, 2019

The Coming Revolution in Church Economics by Mark Deymaz and Harry Li

This book offers up a new outlook on tithes and offerings. According to the authors, traditional tithes and offerings are not always enough to keep a church going and help it grow. The authors offer advice on how to generate funds within the church. Some of their ideas include starting businesses, creating multiple sources of income, and changing the way donations are collected. This subject is one that is often considered controversial so not everyone will agree with this book. Personally, I could not really relate to this book because I do not attend a "megachurch." I feel like this is the type of church that would benefit from this type of book. I attend a conservative Southern Baptist church so I cannot fully get on board with the advice given in this book. Furthermore, I found the multiple author viewpoint to be confusing as it varied back and forth. Nevertheless, the right audience may be able to better relate to this book and I am thankful for the opportunity to read and review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment