Thursday, September 12, 2019

The Words Between Us by Erin Bartels

This is such a captivating read. The story sucks you in right away and it's hard to turn away until you reach the last page. I also love the cover and the fact that there is a bookstore involved. I can't resist a book about books! The style of writing was also perfect for this story as it went back and forth between past and present. Robin's life story is absolutely heart wrenching at times and I found myself feeling such sadness for her as a character. I wasn't really sold on the ending of the book as I felt it was rushed and I wanted to know more about what happened with Peter and Robin's parents. I also expected this to have more spiritual elements as I thought it was a Christian fiction read, but there were only a couple references to church and forgiveness throughout the book. This could really pass for a general fiction book even though it is marketed by a Christian publisher. I do find Erin Bartels to be an extremely talented storyteller and she has a special gift as a writer. I will definitely read her work again. Thanks so much to Revell for the chance to read and review this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment