Friday, October 2, 2020

The Christmas Swap by Melody Carlson

Emma and West are from two completely different worlds. Emma lives in sunny Arizona and West lives in snowy Colorado. Their paths cross when they are both talked into a Christmas house swap by their family and friends. When West's travel plans get delayed, he doesn't end up joining his family for Christmas in Arizona as originally planned. Instead, he spends his time getting to know Emma and quickly falls for her.

This book has such an inviting cover and the plot is so much fun. It instantly reminded me of The Holiday which is one of my favorite Christmas movies. I thought the book started off great, but unfortunately it just never developed well for me. I didn't really connect with any of the characters and I thought the romance story was so rushed and there wasn't much time for character development. While the plot was refreshing and interesting, the book lacked substance to take it to "unputdownable" status. Thank you so much to the author and Revell for the chance to read and review this book! These opinions are all my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment