Sunday, June 3, 2018

The Healthy Living Handbook by Laura Harris Smith

The Healthy Living Handbook was not at all what I expected. I was expecting a diet book with tips for healthy eating, but it actually contained a lot more than that. This book is divided into three sections: healthy living for the spirit, mind, and body. Each section has ten chapters with tips for better health in these particular areas. There is also a section for reflection and prayer at the end of each chapter.

I am on the fence about this book. I didn't agree with all of the information I read and I honestly felt like the author was very extreme in some situations and I received a judgmental vibe while reading some of this material. I am very conservative so when it comes to speaking in tongues and changing the way I pray, I'm not too comfortable with all that. However, I did like the overall reason the book was written which is to promote a healthier lifestyle. I also liked the sections that gave practical advice for choosing healthier foods, staying hydrated, and getting more rest. The author is obviously very driven and motivated and has a unique lifestyle.

Thank you very much to Chosen for the chance to review this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment