Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Whisper by Mark Batterson

Whisper is only the second book I have read by Mark Batterson and it definitely did not disappoint. Mr. Batterson has a way with words that makes you want to just sit and ponder on each point he has to make. I found myself doing just that as I read this book. There were so many parts of the book that spoke to me so strongly that I couldn't begin to highlight them or I would have been highlighting the majority of the book! In Whisper, Batterson focuses on how we can hear God speaking to us through 7 different "languages" which include scripture, desires, doors, dreams, people, promptings, and pain. Each of these can be a way for us to hear from God if we just be still and listen for his voice. 1 Samuel says, "Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening." We need to listen for God's whisper and pay attention to all the ways he tries to connect with us and draw us closer to him. This book is one that could be read time and time again and you would find something new in it each time. Batterson adds humorous touches and real-life stories that keep the reader interested and engaged. I look forward to reading more books by this author and I am honored to have been chosen to be on the launch team for Whisper.

No comments:

Post a Comment