Monday, August 7, 2017

Convicted by Jameel McGee and Andrew Collins

What an amazing book! Convicted is a true story of forgiveness and grace and what I like to call a "Look what God can do" story. I wasn't sure how I would like this book because I don't read books in this genre very often, but I was so touched and inspired by this book.

Convicted begins by describing its setting of Benton Harbor, MI. Benton Harbor is a poverty-stricken town where drug deals and racism are everyday issues. Andrew Collins is a police officer in Benton Harbor who has lost himself and has become a "bad cop." Collins wrongfully arrests an innocent man named Jameel McGee and this book is their surprising story of forgiveness and friendship.

The book alternates between Collins' and McGee's viewpoints and I loved that style in this book. Once I started reading, I did not want to put it down.

The circumstances in the lives of these men could only be explained as "God things." God brought these men together and allowed them to be a blessing to each other and allowed such a powerful example of forgiveness to be expressed through them. We could all learn so much about forgiveness and God's grace by hearing Andrew and Jameel's story. I could only hope to be able to forgive this way if I were in Jameel's shoes.

I am blessed to be chosen to be on the launch team for this book and this book changed me for the better. I would highly recommend this book to everyone. It is a book that everyone can relate to, especially with the things that are going on in our world today. Thank you WaterBrook for the opportunity to read an Advanced Copy of Convicted.

No comments:

Post a Comment